Vivo has one more premium midranger in its ranks, one produced in India and with a design impressed by India – the vivo V29 Professional. Like earlier V-series fashions, the V29 Professional closely focuses on pictures. The V29 Professional doubles down on the earlier mannequin’s ‘Aura gentle’ idea with a devoted color-changing illuminator on the again, introduces a devoted portrait telephoto digital camera and brings an additional high-res show into the combo.
The brand new Aura gentle implementation features a separate devoted set of LEDs (15.6mm in diameter) that may routinely alter their temperature relying on ambient gentle, and you may as well tweak it manually if you happen to so select. These are presupposed to be 36% brighter than the earlier technology.
The 2MP devoted macro cam from the V27 Professional may be gone, however a 12MP, 2x zoom portrait digital camera is as a substitute. No different V-series cellphone has even had one, so it is a massive change. The Sony IMX663 sensor has “all-pixel dual-core” autofocus, which helps it at the hours of darkness.
Subsequent on the checklist of main upgrades is the show, which stays unchanged in measurement at 6.78 inches in diagonal. It’s, nonetheless, an unusually high-res panel – the 1260x2800px decision makes for a 453ppi density, so you’ll be able to depend on some further sharpness.
vivo was lifeless set on sustaining a slim waistline for the V29 Professional, with a properly skinny 7.5mm thickness. That is meant holding the battery capability at 4,600mAh, although if the V27 Professional is any indication, that needs to be lots. Charging is now rated at 80W as an alternative of the V27 Professional’s 66W spec, however these energy scores do not imply that a lot, so we’ll see how the charging velocity stacks up.
vivo V29 Professional specs at a look:
- Physique: 164.2×74.4×7.5mm, 188g; Glass entrance, glass again.
- Show: 6.78″ AMOLED, 120Hz, 1260x2800px decision, 20:9 facet ratio, 453ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 8200 (4 nm): Octa-core (1×3.1 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G610 MC6.
- Reminiscence: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM.
- OS/Software program: Android 13, Funtouch 13.
- Rear digital camera: Vast (important): 50 MP, f/1.9, 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS; Telephoto: 12 MP, f/2.0, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Extremely huge angle: 8 MP, f/2.2.
- Entrance digital camera: 50 MP, f/2.0, 22mm (huge), AF.
- Video seize: Rear digital camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps; Entrance digital camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 4600mAh; 80W wired, 1-50% in 18 min (marketed).
- Connectivity: 5G; Twin SIM; Wi-Fi 5; BT 5.3.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (below show, optical).
Vivo determined to not improve the chipset, and the V29 Professional makes use of the identical MediaTek Dimensity 8200 chip because the V27 Professional. It ought to nonetheless carry out higher than the Snapdragon 778G contained in the vanilla vivo V29. Talking of the common V29, one among its main additions is the IP68 ingress safety ranking. Curiously sufficient, whereas the V29 Professional can be constructed in accordance with stringent sturdiness necessities, it doesn’t have an official ingress safety ranking for some cause.
The vivo V29 Professional arrives in a full-size grey field highlighting the Aura characteristic with a big shiny circle across the cellphone’s identify. It’s a very sturdy, two-piece field that features a good cradle for the cellphone on the within.
Vivo does not skimp on the retail bundle of its units. At the beginning, you get an 80W vivo FlashCharge charger within the field and an accompanying USB Sort-A to Sort-C cable. The cable appears completely customary with none further pins, so that you needn’t preserve monitor of it intently. The V29 Professional’s retail bundle is not skipping safety both. A factory-applied display protector movie is joined by a clear case to attenuate worrying in regards to the handset’s bodily well-being.